Everybody has a role to play in responding to and preventing family violence. Supporting and strengthening the capability of workforces that intersect with family violence is critical to the success of this endeavour.
The Centre for Workforce Excellence leads initiatives to support workers and organisations who interact with victim survivors and perpetrators of family violence.
We work in partnership with and support a range of workforces including:
- specialist family violence response
- primary prevention
- community services
- education and training
Our focus areas are:
- Building family violence prevention and response capability across a broad range of workforces.
- Strengthening the specialist family violence and primary prevention sectors.
- Identifying and researching family violence prevention and response skills and capabilities.
- Supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of specialist family violence and primary prevention workers.
We also oversee:
- the implementation of Building from Strength: 10-year Industry Plan for Family Violence Prevention and Response.
- a regular census of workforces that intersect with family violence
Reviewed 27 June 2019