JavaScript is required

Exempt from Working with Children Check

A list of situations outlined in the Act where you do not need a WWC Check, even when engaged in child-related work.

There are several scenarios in the Worker Screening Act 2020 where those doing child-related work are exempt and don’t need a Check. To see what’s defined as child-related work, see the Requires a Check page.

Please note these exemptions don’t apply if you’ve previously failed the Check and been given a WWC Exclusion.

If your role involves child-related work and you don’t qualify for the exemptions listed below, you must apply for a Check online via Service Vic.

Even if you’re exempt, you’ll still need to get a Check if your organisation requires you to get one.
It may be part of their rules regarding Child Safety, so it’s important you make sure you know what you need to do.