The Fire Services Implementation Monitor ensures the government and fire agencies are held accountable for the ongoing implementation of these reforms and undertake the necessary measures to meet existing and future demand to keep Victorians safe.
The Monitor publishes quarterly reports in response to fire services quarterly data and an annual report that focuses on the broader Fire Services Reform agenda being rolled out across the state.
In December 2020, the Victorian Government appointed the Honourable Niall Blair as the inaugural Fire Services Implementation Monitor.
Fire services outcomes framework progress reports
The Fire Rescue Victoria Act 1958 requires the Monitor to publish quarterly reports, developed using information and data provided by Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) and the Country Fire Authority (CFA) against the performance measures set out in their Outcomes Frameworks. Visit the and the for more information.
The Monitor publishes quarterly reports within 30 days of receiving quarterly updates from FRV and CFA. These quarterly updates from the fire agencies are due to the Monitor on 1 February, 1 May, 1 August and 1 November each year.
The Monitor's quarterly reports include:
- the quarterly updates from FRV and CFA
- any supporting data relied upon in the preparation of the quarterly updates
- any other information that the Monitor considers relevant, including any comments on the accuracy of the quarterly updates or the supporting data
Financial Year 2020-21
CFA and FRV have provided their third quarterly updates for the period of January-March 2021.
The Monitor’s third quarterly report (2020-21) includes observations on:
- opportunities to strengthen and align the agencies’ outcome frameworks
- development of data collection and analysis
- actions to improve gender diversity
- active steps to improve collaboration
The report also provides a summary of the agencies’ fire service performance data for quarter 3 (2020-21).
Quarters 1 and 2
This initial report from the Monitor provides a summative assessment of progress made against the FRV and CFA Outcomes Frameworks for Q1 and Q2 of 2020-21.
Reviewed 10 June 2021