Content on vic.gov.au is:
- focussed on how the user will best receive the government's message
- always a collaboration and digital presentation is considered from the start
- never finished unless it’s retired
- always has an owner with expertise and time to look after it and evaluate its success
- published quickly as long as the digital equivalent is provided
Your role and responsibilities
As a content editor, you:
- add content into the Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- make sure the content meets DPC and Victorian Government standards
- ensure content is correct and signed off by the appropriate internal stakeholders (content approver and/or subject matter expert)
- track and promote your content to ensure that it meets content strategy objectives, audience needs and KPIs
- review content and analytics regularly to make improvements and/or keep it up to date
- participate in the Department of Premier and Cabinet community of practice
- notify the Vic.gov.au Product lead if you’re leaving the Content owner role and find a replacement
Talk to us early if you’re thinking about new content
Check with the Digital, Design and Innovation branch at least 2 weeks before developing or outsourcing new web content (including logos, images and social media tiles).
Training and digital networks
Use Chrome as your browser. Drupal doesn't work well in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Your username is in the format firstname.lastname (eg jane.lee).
Your password will:
- expire after 90 days
- need to be a minimum of 8 characters
- need to include 3 of the following characters as a minimum:
- one uppercase character
- one lowercase character
- one number
- one special character
You'll be automatically prompted to update your password every 90 days.
About this guide
Reviewed 20 June 2019