Victoria government logo

Local council areas eligible for financial support

If you live in one of these areas and have been affected by the floods beginning in October 2022 or the Bogong landslip, you may be eligible for relief payments.

Eligible councils

There are 63 local government areas and one alpine resort that have been particularly impacted by the storm and flood event. Those notified for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding ArrangementsExternal Link are:

  • Alpine Shire
  • Ararat Rural City Council
  • Banyule City Council
  • Baw Baw Shire Council
  • Benalla Rural City
  • Boroondara Council
  • Brimbank City Council
  • Buloke Shire
  • Campaspe Shire
  • Cardinia Shire Council
  • Central Goldfields
  • City of Ballarat
  • City of Casey
  • City of Greater Bendigo
  • City of Greater Geelong
  • City of Greater Shepparton
  • Colac Otway Shire Council
  • Corangamite Shire
  • East Gippsland Shire Council
  • Falls Creek Resort
  • Gannawarra Shire
  • Glenelg Shire
  • Golden Plains Shire Council
  • Hepburn Shire
  • Hindmarsh Shire Council
  • Horsham Shire
  • Hume City Council
  • Indigo Shire Council
  • Latrobe City Council
  • Loddon Shire
  • Macedon Ranges Shire
  • Manningham City Council
  • Mansfield Shire
  • Maribyrnong City Council
  • Maroondah City Council
  • Melbourne City Council
  • Melton City Council
  • Mildura Rural City Council
  • Mitchell Shire Council
  • Moira Shire
  • Moonee Valley City
  • Moorabool Shire Council
  • Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
  • Mount Alexander Council
  • Moyne Shire
  • Murrindindi Shire
  • Nillumbik Shire Council
  • Northern Grampians
  • Pyrenees Shire
  • Rural City of Wangaratta
  • South Gippsland Shire Council
  • Southern Grampians Shire Council
  • Strathbogie Shire
  • Surf Coast Shire Council
  • Swan Hill Rural City Council
  • Towong Shire Council
  • Warrnambool City Council
  • Wellington Shire Council
  • West Wimmera Shire Council
  • Whittlesea Council
  • Wodonga Council
  • Wyndham City Council
  • Yarra Ranges Council
  • Yarriambiack Shire Council

For information on recovery support, please visit 2022 Victorian Flood Recovery.

Find your council

If you are not sure which council area you are in, visit the Find Your CouncilExternal Link page on the Victorian Councils website.

Reviewed 14 March 2023

Flood Recovery Hotline

If you have been affected by the Victorian floods or Bogong landslip, call the Flood Recovery Hotline on 1800 560 760 for help with:

  • a range of clean-up services
  • finding somewhere to stay
  • financial, mental health and other support.

The hotline is open from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday and public holidays.

Press 9 for an interpreter.

Call 1800 560 760