Once you have been properly trained and instructed you must take care to look after your own health and safety and not put other workers at risk.
Your responsibilities include:
- following health and safety instructions provided by the employer
- correctly using personal protective equipment and clothing
- taking care to use equipment safely and for its intended purpose
- reporting hazards and potential problems without delay
- reporting all work-related injuries and incidents that you think could result in harm to health
- co-operating with the employer on health and safety matters.
Remember that co-operation and consultation are the keys to a safe and healthy workplace. Employers and employees should talk to each other to solve health and safety problems at work.