Enquiries, complaints and feedback
Your feedback helps us make sure our services are working well for bushfire-affected communities.
You can enquire, make a complaint or provide feedback by filling out the 'enquiries, complaints and feedback' form below.
As part of that policy, we will listen and respond, we will take your advice on board, and we will respect your privacy always.
Lee Miezis is the Chief Executive Officer of Bushfire Recovery Victoria.
Lee is the former Deputy Secretary, Forest, Fire and Regions in the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP). In this role, Lee held broad responsibility for Victoria's State forests, coasts and other public land, including fire and emergency management policy and operations; and for leading project and service delivery in regional Victoria across all DELWP portfolio areas – energy, environment and climate change, water and catchments, planning and local infrastructure.
Lee holds a Bachelor Degree in Forest Science (with Honours), a Master of Business Administration and is a Victorian Fellow of the Institute of Public Administration Australia. He has extensive experience and a record of achievement across policy, operations, service delivery, and regulation, having worked in executive level roles in the Victorian and NSW public service in the areas of public land management, fire and emergency management, and environment.
for incident information and warnings. VicEmergency provides information and advice to help people prepare for, respond to and recover from fire and flood. It has a real-time Google Map display with incidents across Victoria including fires, floods, storms, power outages, hazardous material incidents and traffic incidents.
Here are some other services that are here for you or others you know:
- LifeLine - phone - A 24-hour telephone service that offers confidential support and advice to help you deal with stress and personal challenges.
- Beyondblue information line - phone - An information line that offers expert information on depression, how to recognise the signs of depression, how to get help, how to help someone else and how to stay well.
- Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre - phone - provides confidential support and information for women and children living with family violence or to anyone who knows a person living with family violence.
- Mensline - phone - A telephone support, information and referral service, helping men deal with their relationship problems.
- Nurse-on-Call - phone - A 24-hour telephone service that allows people to discuss any health-related issue with a registered nurse for the cost of a local call.
- Kids Help Line - phone - A 24-hour telephone service that provides phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5-25.
Reviewed 25 November 2020