Three clearly defined outcomes underpin the vision:
- better, fairer, more accessible services — making services more personalised and consistent
- a digital ready public sector — improving operations, working collaboratively with partners and developing a workforce skilled for the future, now
- a thriving digital economy — attracting talent, upskilling our communities and businesses, creating jobs and bridging the digital divide.
To realise its vision and deliver these outcomes, the Victorian Government will drive transformation across Victoria through investment in critical digital infrastructure and skills. To guide investment, the Strategy defines six key strategic enablers.
Design principles guide the change we need across government and align our understanding of what a good digital experience looks like. Technology guidelines enable alignment and drive greater value from investment, development and adoption decisions and quality of service outcomes.
Three digital pathways guide and connect the change, anchored by clear and defined digital experiences for Victorians. They define the horizons of digital maturity to realise our vision.
Together all these elements provide a clear and consistent direction across the Victorian Government so that we can align and deliver government priorities together and at pace.
Figure 1. A future-ready Victoria: Our vision
- making life and business easy for all
- creating a connected, safe, inclusive Victoria
- future-ready and centred on you.
Supporting three key outcomes
- better, fairer, more accessible services
- a digital-ready public sector
- a thriving digital economy.
Enabled by digital infrastructure and skills
Experience led. Trusted.
- policy and governance
- portfolio and investment
- process, people and partners
- data intelligence
- security and privacy
- Technology platforms.
Principles and guidelines guide the change we need across government
- focus on the customer
- solve the right problem
- make it simple
- build on the standard
- progress over perfection
- trusted by design
- connect and partner
- innovate with purpose.
- digital by default
- strategic investment models
- responsive design
- data sharing and open data
- cloud by design
- configuration over customisation
- fostered capability
- technology and data are assets.
Digital pathways to future government
- establishing digital platforms
- connecting secure & responsive services
- shaping intelligent ecosystems.
Reviewed 30 November 2021