How to make a notification
1. Log in to our online portal
Log in to your existing account in the child employment portal and select 'My Submissions' next to your user name.
2. Select 'CHILD EMPLOYMENT LICENCES'
This is displayed as the fifth tab in your submission dashboard.
3. Select the 3 dots (...) next to the relevant licence number
The 3 dots are displayed at the end of the row of active child employment licences. Select 'Notify of a change to the licence' in the dropdown box once you select the 3 dots.
4. Read the information about the notification of licence changes
This screen gives you information about who should complete the form and the information you must provide.
5. Enter the employment details
You will be asked if the children's duties have changed since the original licence application.
If duties have changed, you will have the option to identify potential hazards in the workplace and outline how you will manage or mitigate the risks they pose.
You can also use this page to notify us of any new or changed employment addresses where a child or children will be working.
6. Enter information about the new child or children
You will need to provide:
- their name, date of birth and home address
- the name and contact details of the parent or guardian
- information about when they will start work and what hours they will work.
You must have the written consent of a parent or guardian before a child can start employment.
You don’t need to attach the consent as part of the application process, but you must provide it to the Wage Inspectorate on request. We have a template available that you can use.
Complete the declaration acknowledging that the information you have provided is true.
You will have the opportunity to review all information in the Summary section before submitting the application.