Provide feedback about government school teachers or staff

The Department of Education offers a variety of ways for parents and carers to provide feedback about teachers or other staff.

How to provide compliments and suggestions

To help us send your feedback to the right person in the department and/or school, please make sure:

  • it is clear and concise
  • it provides practical and realistic suggestions
  • it is not already a department or school policy
  • it does not breach any privacy.

Ways to provide feedback

To provide feedback you can:

To help us action your feedback properly, include the following in your email.

  • Email subject line that explains the nature of your compliment or suggestion.
  • Description in the body of the email.
  • Set out your information as clearly as possible in the body of the email. You might like to include:
    • the name of the teacher or staff members and/or school
    • details of your positive experience
    • details of the suggested improvement and how it will benefit the school or the education and wellbeing of the teaching staff and students
    • attach any documents to support the compliment or suggestion.

Key information to include

Let us know if you have passed on this compliment or feedback to anyone else.

Explain what action you would like us to take – for example, to pass on your compliment, consider a change to policy, etc.

If you would like a response

You don’t need to provide us with your personal details. If you would like a response, we will need your name and email address or phone number.

Raise a complaint or concern about your school

School complaints start with raising the issue with the school and trying to find a resolution. If you require more support, start by raising your complaint with your local department office. You can then contact the department's central office.

For more information visit Raise a complaint or concern about your school.

Report abuse if you’re a current or former student

If you have experienced any form of sexual abuse as a student at a Victorian government school, either recently or in the past, we encourage you to report it to us and the police.

You can contact police services:

You can contact the department by:

Information on access to counselling assistance and other supports, and how to make a claim for compensation, is available on our Report abuse if you’re a current or former student webpage.