Nominations for the 2021 Victorian Honour Roll of Women are now closed
The Victorian Honour Roll of Women celebrates the outstanding contributions made by women from all walks of life and acknowledges the many ways in which they have made a lasting impact to our state.
Each year, the Victorian Honour Roll of Women recognises women who have demonstrated remarkable leadership and excellence in their field of expertise, interest, endeavour, or through their commitment to the community. Since 2001, over 600 women have been recognised for their incredible efforts in Victoria, Australia and beyond.
Women are recognised for their achievements in a broad range of fields, including science, arts, environment, law, social justice, family violence prevention, research, health, media and education. They each represent the courage and determination of women across Victoria using their unique skills, experiences and insights to forge a brighter path for all women.
How will I know if my nomination was successful?
We are currently reviewing Round 1 nominations. If you have met the selection criteria, we’ll contact you and invite you to progress to Round 2, where you will be asked to submit additional information for the independent Assessment Panel to consider.
What do I need to do in Round 2?
In Round 2 of the application process, an assessment panel of community representatives will evaluate your application based on your response to the following questions:
- how the activities and achievements of the nominee have made an exceptional contribution, and the difference this has made to her community, field of work or endeavour, and
- how the applicant's achievements have generated long-term benefits for the local, national or international community
You will also be required to:
- provide the contact details of two referees and accompanying letters of support, and
- attach a recent photo of the nominee
You may wish to:
- submit up to five additional documents or materials such as news articles, videos or written references in support of the nomination. Please note that attachments are not compulsory
Download the Round 2 nomination toolkit:
An independent Assessment Panel consisting of community representatives will convene to assess each application. All applications are ranked as part of this process to determine prospective Honour Roll inductees. Following this, referees may then be contacted to verify nomination statements and to clarify information before inductees are confirmed.
A short list of candidates is then sent to the Minister for Women for her consideration and selection.
Victorian Honour Roll of Women inductees
Search our inductees by name, category or field of expertise.
Reviewed 27 April 2021