Emergency Relief Payment
Emergency relief payments are no longer available for this event.
Emergency relief payments are provided to help meet immediate needs, including:
- emergency food
- medication, and
If you have been impacted by an emergency or natural disaster, you have urgent relief needs and you need to apply for an emergency relief payment, you can:
- call VicEmergency on
- check your local council website for details of nearby relief or recovery centres.
Applications for re-establishment assistance payments have now closed.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance
The claiming period for this payment closed on 28 May 2023.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
The claiming period for this payment closed on 16 June 2023.
State Schools’ Relief can support with the cost of essential school supplies, including:
- stationary packs
- digital items such as internet USB dongles and headphones.
If you are a parent or carer and you need financial help with the above items, please request an appointment with your school principal, assistant principal, or welfare/wellbeing coordinator to discuss your needs.
Schools can apply directly, via the , whenever they believe there is a need to support a student whose family or carers are facing difficulty in providing the appropriate uniform, footwear, or educational items for attending school.
For farmers and primary producers
Financial help is available for flood and landslip-affected farmers and primary producers, which includes:
- Primary Producer Recovery Grants: Up to $75,000 grants to cover the cost of recovery and get businesses up and running again
- Rural Landholder Grants: Up to $25,000 grants to cover the costs of disaster impacts for small-scale producers
- Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover the short-term business expenses
- Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock
To apply for the Flood Recovery Grant, applicants must:
- represent a membership of Victorian businesses located in deemed eligible for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement
- be based in Victoria or be the Victorian chapter of a national organisation
- be a not-for-profit member organisation with the core purpose of acting for its members
- hold a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered with the responsible federal or state regulator.
The purpose of this program is to reactivate the small business sector in local government areas affected by the Victorian floods.
Reviewed 09 August 2023