Museums, historical societies and universities can provide training and resources to help you preserve, restore or catalogue your war heritage collection.
Training and resources
- Visit the Australian Museums and Galleries Association (formerly Museums Australia Victoria(opens in a new window)) to book a collections training session or workshop or complete an online collections training session(opens in a new window)
- Royal Historical Society of Victoria(opens in a new window) has resources for local historical societies and museums.
- Public Record Office Victoria Managing Your Collection Program(opens in a new window) has training guides on preserving records, records management and digitisation.
- Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material(opens in a new window) has information about conserving furniture, photos, costumes and glass.
- Centre for Cultural Materials and Conservation(opens in a new window) has conservation services and advice, preventative care and conservation treatments.
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies(opens in a new window) has guides and training for writing and publishing history, heritage projection, insurance, and disaster planning and recovery.
Cataloguing a collection
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association has manuals and guides to help you catalogue and handle heritage objects.