Museums, historical societies and universities provide training and resources to help you preserve, restore or catalogue your war heritage collection.
Training and resources
- Visit Museums Australia to book a collections training session or workshop or complete an online collections training
- Royal Historical Society of has resources for local historical societies and museums.
- Public Record Office Victoria Managing Your Collection has training guides on preserving records, records management and digitisation.
- Australian Institute for Conservation of Cultural has information about conserving furniture, photos, costumes and glass.
- Centre for Cultural Materials and has conservation services and advice, preventative care and conservation treatments.
- Federation of Australian Historical has guides and training for writing and publishing history, heritage projection, insurance, and disaster planning and recovery.
- The Department of Veterans’ Affairs Memories and Memorabilia has case studies on how to preserve and recognise objects, avenues of honour and memorials.
Cataloguing a collection
Museums Australia Victoria has manuals and guides to help you catalogue and handle heritage objects:
Reviewed 27 February 2019