Who can share information under the information sharing and MARAM reforms

Find out who can share information under the Child Information Sharing Scheme (CISS) and the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme (FVISS).

Who can share information under the reforms

The Victorian government is progressing three interrelated reforms that are integral to reducing family violence and promoting child wellbeing or safety. Find out more about the information sharing and MARAM reforms.

Which organisations must apply the reforms?

Information can only be shared under the reforms by organisations prescribed as Information Sharing Entities (ISEs).

Under the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme some ISEs are also prescribed as Risk Assessment Entities (RAEs). RAEs are indicated in the sections below with (RAE).

Prescribed organisations include:

    • Ambulance Victoria (including contracted services)
    • Before and after school hours care services (NOTE: services that only provide vacation care are not prescribed)
    • Bush nursing centres
    • Catholic and independent Catholic system bodies and canonical administrators
    • Child FIRST (RAE)
    • Child Protection (RAE)
    • Children’s Court officials
    • Community health centres
    • Community housing organisations
    • Department of Education and Training (DET) to the extent it delivers child health and wellbeing services (for example Student Support Services, Incident Support and Operations Centre, nurses, visiting teachers, area-based regional staff)
    • Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, Housing Services
    • Designated mental health services
    • DET to the extent it delivers Aboriginal education and engagement services (for example Koorie Education Coordinators, Koorie Engagement Support Officers, Koorie Education Children’s Court Liaison Officers, Koorie Academy Liaison Officers)
    • DET - Quality Assessment and Regulation Division
    • DET ­- Security and Emergency Management Division
    • Disability Worker Registration Board of Victoria
    • Doctors in Schools program
    • Education Justice Initiative, including Koorie Education Children’s Court Liaison Officers and Regional Education Children’s Court Liaison Officers
    • Enhancing Mental Health Support in Schools program
    • Forensic disability
    • Government schools
    • Integrated health and aged care services
    • Justice Health
    • Justice Health's funded services for young people 
    • Kindergartens
    • Long day care
    • Magistrate’s Court officials
    • Maternal and Child Health Services
    • Multi-Agency Panels to Prevent Youth Offending
    • Multiple and Complex Needs Initiative (MACNI)
    • Non-government schools (independent and Catholic)
    • Out-of-home care services
    • Perpetrator intervention trials
    • Public health services and denominational hospitals (including midwives, pharmacists, psychologists and psychiatrists and allied health workers within these services)
    • Publicly funded early parenting centres
    • Refugee Minor Program
    • Regional Telephone Counselling Service
    • Registered community-based child and family services
    • Risk Assessment and Management Panels (RAE)
    • Royal Children’s Hospital Education Institute
    • Settlement or targeted casework services for migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
    • State funded aged care services (including Residential Care and Home-based Care)
    • State-funded alcohol and other drugs services
    • State-funded homelessness accommodation or homelessness support services (providing access point, outreach and accommodation services)
    • State-funded sexual assault services (RAE)
    • State-funded sexually abusive behaviour treatment services 
    • State-funded specialist family violence services including family violence counselling, therapeutic programs and perpetrator intervention (RAE)
    • State-wide Vision Resource Centre
    • Student disengagement and wellbeing services and programs funded by DET (for example LOOKOUT, Navigator, Project REAL, School Focused Youth Service, National School Chaplaincy Program)
    • Supported Playgroups
    • Tenancy Plus Program
    • The Geelong Project
    • The Orange Door (Support and Safety Hubs) (RAE)
    • Victims Assistance Program-funded services (RAE)
    • Victims of Crime Helpline (RAE)
    • Victoria Police (RAE)
    • Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
    • Victorian Disability Worker Commission
    • Victorian Institute of Teaching
    • Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority
    • Youth Justice and funded programs, including the Youth Parole Board (Secretariat)
    • Commission for Children and Young People
    • Disability Services Commissioner
    • General practice nurses
    • General practitioners
    • Adult Parole Board
    • Corrections Victoria and Corrections funded services
    • Court-ordered family violence counselling services
    • Justice Health's funded services for adults
    • State-funded financial counselling programs
    • Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Program
    • Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages

Following extensive scoping and consultation, the following services/roles are currently not prescribed ISEs: 

  • Preschool Field Officers
  • The Kindergarten Central Enrolment Service
  • Family day care and occasional care

List of authorised organisations and services

The online ISE list is a database that can be used to identify other organisations and services prescribed under the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and the Child Information Sharing Scheme.

All organisations and services prescribed as ISEs can access the online ISE list.

ISEs are prescribed under the:

  • Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme as specified by the Family Violence Protection (Information Sharing and Risk Management) Regulations 2018.
  • Child Information Sharing Scheme as specified by the Child Wellbeing and Safety (Information Sharing) Regulations 2018.

Access the ISE list

ISE List User Guide (online version)

If an organisation is not listed that should be, or if you are uncertain about an ISE’s status, email

More Information

For more information and support on information sharing and MARAM, visit: Frequently asked questions about information sharing and MARAM.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Was this page helpful?