Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions
Training, Skills and Higher Education
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education Division
SUBJECT: 2023 ACFE Training Delivery – Requests for Additional Hours, Return of Hours and Variations.
Actions and critical dates
- Learn Local providers can request variations to their 2023 Delivery Plan for General Pre-accredited and Digital Skills training delivery, any time up to 30 September 2023, for completed delivery within 2023. This includes:
- Additional hours for Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited training
- Return of hours, for Digital Skills and General Pre-accredited training
- Variations from General Pre-accredited to Digital Skills program streams, and/or between Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Submit requests by emailing the Request for Variation to Delivery Plan Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in your Regional Manager.
- Contact your regional office if you have any questions.
Requests for 2023 ACFE Training Delivery Additional Hours
In order to maximise pre-accredited training delivery in 2023 wherever possible, the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board has approved the allocation of additional 2023 delivery Student Contact Hours (hours) to providers who have increased demand for pre-accredited training delivery beyond currently contracted delivery.
Limited hours are available to support additional delivery to meet ACFE Board strategic priorities and initiatives and in priority locations.
Where opportunities may arise for increased delivery, Learn Local providers can apply for additional hours at any time up to 30 September 2023, for completed delivery within 2023.
This includes additional pre-accredited training delivery hours for:
- Digital Skills (including both locally and centrally developed modules)
- General Pre-accredited (including both locally and centrally developed modules).
Additional hours can be for existing modules as well as requests for new modules.
Additional hours requests will be assessed against:
- Evidence of increased learner demand for the proposed module(s)
- Evidence that the Learn Local provider’s pre-accredited provision is meeting 2023 targets
- Alignment with strategic and local priorities and pathways to further training or employment
- Availability of hours through the return of hours process.
Additional Hours requests will be set at a minimum of 50 total additional hours.
Requests for 2023 ACFE Training Delivery Return of Hours
The delivery of contracted hours in 2023 is a priority of the ACFE Board, across pre-accredited program streams. Learn Local providers are encouraged to deliver their contracted hours to target. Where providers have identified that it will not be possible to deliver contracted hours, there is an opportunity to return hours for redistribution.
Return of hours requests will not be accepted for return of hours in excess of total remaining milestone payments for 2023, in the program stream and Local Government Area (LGA).
Return of hours requests will be set at a minimum of 50 hours returned.
Requests for variation between program streams and/or LGAs
Providers can also request variations to their Delivery Plan for 2023 ACFE training, that don’t alter the existing total contracted hours per program stream and LGA.
Requests will be considered for variations from General Pre-accredited to Digital Skills program streams and/or variations to LGAs of delivery. Please note, variations from Digital Skills to General Pre-accredited programs streams will not be considered, as the delivery of digital skills is a priority for the ACFE Board in 2023. Requests to deliver in new LGAs will only be accepted where a clear rationale is provided and proposed delivery fills gaps in pre-accredited training provision in the requested LGA.
How to submit a request for additional hours, return of hours or variations
Please submit your request by emailing the Request for Variation to Delivery Plan Form to email@example.com and copy in your Regional Manager.
No updated Delivery Plan is required at the time of request. If your requested changes are approved, an updated Delivery Plan will be required at that time.
Assessment and notification of request outcomes will be completed by the department every month up to 30 September 2023.
For further information, please contact your regional office.
North Western Victoria, Kaye Callaghan – 03 7022 0580
North Eastern Victoria, Catherine Clarke – 03 9084 8573
South Eastern Victoria, Jeremy Brewer – 03 8904 2503
South Western Victoria, Georgina Ryder – 03 5215 5204