Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Participation, Inclusion and Regional Engagement — Branch Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers - ALL
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- PIRE Branch staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education
Subject: Learn Local – Industry Just in Time
- Expressions of Interest for Just in Time initiative by COB Tuesday 21 September 2021.
- Review the program summary.
- Submit your Expression of Interest by email to with thetitle Just in Time and name of the organisation.
- Email any questions to or to your regional office.
The Ministerial Statement on the Future of Adult Community Education in Victoria 2020-25 highlights the importance of Learn Local partnerships with local employers. One of the priorities is supporting best-practice models of partnerships between Learn Local providers and employers that support direct pathways to work experience and employment.
The Just in Time initiative intends to address an immediate business need that includes pre-accredited training. This initiative will cover the cost of services such as:
- administration (it does not include operational costs)
- industry brokerage
- legal advice
- initial assessment and placement tools to assess employees and business needs
- teaching and learning resources and program overview.
All Learn Local providers interested in applying for this initiative need to submit the expression of interest by COB Tuesday 21 September 2021.
Reviewed 13 September 2021