- To further develop the skills of Learn Local practitioners in teaching literacy and numeracy pre-accredited programs.
- To facilitate localised and ongoing literacy and numeracy professional development across the Learn Local pre-accredited teaching workforce.
- To provide a self-contained, literacy and numeracy professional development program that may be delivered by trained practitioners to their peers.
Professional development opportunity for pre-accredited educators
The Adult Literacy and Numeracy Practitioners Program (ALNPP) was developed by Adult Learning Australia (ALA) and Adult and Community Education Victoria (ACEVic). As part of the first phase of the program, 19 highly skilled and experienced literacy and numeracy practitioners were trained to deliver the ALNPP to their peers in Learn Local providers across the state.
The second phase of the program involved around 250 Learn Local practitioners from across Victoria participating in one of the 19 separate programs running in late 2020. The 19 programs were all run on different dates and online due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The ALNPP takes around 20 hours to complete and comprises a series of linked modules that include:
- putting adult learning theory into practice
- unpacking adult literacy and numeracy theory
- using the Pre-accredited Quality Framework
- using the Australian Core Skills Framework
- trauma-informed practice and addressing learning difficulties
- maximising your impact for adults with low literacy and numeracy.
The program may be delivered either 100% online or through a blend of face-to-face and online learning.
Register for the program
The May 2021 intake is currently open. Pre-accredited educators from Learn Local providers who have not yet taken part in the ALNPP can apply on the ACEVic .
Reviewed 21 April 2021