Before you submit a request
Before considering a request for customised data, please ensure that the data you seek it not published on any of the below platforms and pages:
Our staff can also consult information systems via the intranet (no public access):
- HES Data Portal
- Outcomes Framework
- Evidence Base
- Information Asset Register.
If the data you seek has not been published, you can submit a request for customised data.
How we respond
To allow us enough time to assess and meet your request, it should be submitted well in advance of when the data is needed. Further information on timelines will be provided once your request has been received.
When a formal request has been made through the data governance address, it will generally be acknowledged and considered within 5 working days.
If your request can be serviced, we will endeavour to provide a response within 15 working days, however this timeline may not be met due to the nature of the request and/or other operational priorities.
Please note that we will not always be able to provide the data sets you have requested. Reasons may include:
- where the requested data set does not exist
- the data in the data set has been supplied to us by a third party, or in circumstances of confidentiality
- a risk that the identity of individuals may be reasonably ascertained from a data set has been identified
- disclosure of the data contained in a data set is prohibited by law
- it is not practicable to divert our resources to meet the request, which is often the case when requests are extensive, pertaining to multiple sources, large data sets or involving complex processing.
Freedom of Information
Reviewed 20 December 2022