Eligible buildings with combustible cladding

Find out what buildings are eligible for assistance from Cladding Safety Victoria.


To be eligible for assistance from Cladding Safety Victoria, your privately owned apartment building must first be assessed as part of the Statewide Cladding Audit, led by the Victorian Building Authority. 


Before your building can be referred to Cladding Safety Victoria, it must first be assessed by the Victorian Statewide Cladding Audit. 

The Victorian Building Authority is leading the Statewide Cladding Audit for Victoria, identifying buildings with combustible cladding that pose a risk to public safety.

As part of the audit, each building:

  1. Undergoes an on-site inspection to determine whether combustible cladding is present  
  2. Is assessed by an expert panel to review risks based on the inspection findings  
  3. Will have recommendations made to the local council's Municipal Building Surveyor (MBS) about any required action 
  4. May be required to undertake emergency works to reduce the immediate risk

If your building is found to be in a higher-risk category, it will be referred to Cladding Safety Victoria and the following process will commence.

Reviewed 22 October 2019

Was this page helpful?