Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Communication and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Date: 12 July 2022
Subject: International Specialised Skills Institute – 2022 Round 2 Fellowships now open
Actions / Critical Dates:
- Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for Round 2 of the ISS International VET Practitioner Fellowships.
- Round 2 of the Fellowships is open from 1 July 2022 to 26 August 2022.
2022 International VET Practitioner Fellowships
The Department of Education and Training works in partnership with the International Specialised Skills (ISS) Institute by funding the International VET Practitioner Fellowships. The Fellowship program focuses on developing opportunities within the VET sector to assist in building an Education State in Victoria that produces excellence and reduces the impact of disadvantage. In addition, the program is funded to support the priorities of Skills First, including developing capacity and capability, innovative training practices and increasing teacher quality within the VET sector as well as building industry capability and developing Victoria’s current and future workforce.
Why the ISS Institute?
The ISS Institute is a not-for-profit, independent, national organisation that has worked for 30 years with Australian governments, industries and education institutions to enable individuals to gain enhanced skills and experience in traditional trades, professions, leading edge technologies and education and training.
The ISS Institute Fellowship program explicitly recognises that specialised skills and knowledge gaps exist within Australian industries and that there is a need to create a more responsive, innovative, industry driven approach to up-skilling of the Australian workforce for the global marketplace.
About the Fellowships
Fellowships of $13,000 each are available to VET Practitioners, who are employed within Victorian Government contracted RTOs, including TAFEs, private RTOs and Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board registered Learn Local providers.
Those eligible are invited to apply for Fellowships that will support the continued development of VET delivery with priority given to ONE of the following priority areas;
- Developing quality training with deep and meaningful connections to emerging or ongoing needs.
- Developing educational approaches that address the gaps between disadvantaged learners and high-quality education and training outcomes.
Overseas Fellowship research may include (but is not limited to), meeting knowledgeable leaders; conducting interviews; observation; immersion in workplaces; undertaking specialised training; or attending a specialist conference. Further to the networks established overseas throughout the Fellowship, Fellows must also develop local connections with the education sector in Victoria to ensure the knowledge being gained from the proposed Fellowship is being shared and/or applied within the education and training sector as well as relevant industries.
The successful Fellow must complete a minimum of three (3) dissemination sessions upon completion of their report being printed. There are also opportunities for a Fellow to participate in workshops, conferences or other presentations, as identified by DET and/or the ISS Institute in relation to their report and findings.
How to apply for this Fellowship?
To apply for this Fellowship, you are required to:
- Complete the Application Form
- Provide a current curriculum vitae (resume)
- Provide two letters of support which indicate that your Fellowship field is relevant and will benefit the industry (e.g. peak industry bodies, government agencies, professional associations)
- Provide an Employer Endorsement Letter indicating that you will be supported to meet the obligations associated with this Fellowship (this letter should be from your current CEO, director or manager)
Further Information and Contact Details
1/189 Faraday St,
Carlton VIC 3053
Reviewed 21 August 2023