Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director – Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Date: 4 April 2022
Subject: Professional development opportunity – Learn Local Digital Marketing Essentials
Actions and critical dates
Learn Local Digital Marketing Essentials
The Learn Local Digital Marketing Essentials PD will be held as a 1.5 hour webinar via Zoom. We will run the same webinar three times during May so that as many Learn Local staff can participate as possible. It will include general digital marketing tips and tricks, with a focus on social media marketing and the use of the online design tool, Canva.
This PD is especially suited for Learn Local staff with little to no experience in social media marketing and/or the use of Canva.
Please find below more information about the PD, including how to register for one of the three webinars.
Trainers: Catherine Devlin, Adult Learning Australia and Petro Tsalikis, Neighbourhood Houses Victoria.
Dates (3 options):
- Thursday 5 May, 1pm–2.30pm
- Friday 20 May, 1pm–2.30pm
- Thursday 26 May, 1pm–2.30pm
If you want to register more than one staff member, please complete the form separately for that person.
Once you have registered, please add the webinar date and time to your calendar and we will forward you a Zoom link at least 2 working days before the session, which will be a confirmation of your attendance.
You do not need to already have a Canva account to participate in the webinar.
Which social media platform will reach your community?
- Describe four major social media platforms – purpose and target audience
Planning your digital content:
- Promoting your organisation
- Drafting effective posts
- Keeping your posts diverse
- Developing a social media calendar / routine
- Keeping your content focused
- Using Learn Local branding
- Content tips and ideas
Connecting with others:
- Sharing community content
- Sharing information that is relevant, interesting and/or fun
Getting people to engage with your page.
Exploring the importance of sharing or telling your story:
- With images (image libraries, stock images, images tips)
- With video (tips and tricks)
Promote your Learn Local courses on your website:
- Using Canva to develop content
- How to create a Canva account
- How to design using Canva – exploring templates etc.
- Creating a graphic using a Canva template
- Creating your own Canva design
- Uploading your logo and other images
- Adding text and images
- Creating a graphic or video using Canva
Reviewed 04 April 2022