Instead of a physical gala or a live online event, the 2020 Learn Local Awards were announced through a Virtual Gala Series. Hosted by MC Sara James, the pre-recorded video series featured interviews with the finalists, and the winner of each award category was announced at the end of each video.
Although 2020 was a challenging year for many, the awards continued to represent the Learn Local spirit. The Adult, Community and Further Education Board was so excited to share the successes of the Learn Local sector.
Congratulations to all of the winners and finalists!
- The Ro Allen Award – Recognising Pre-accredited Learner Excellence – Colleen Forbes – Community College Gippsland
- Victorian Learn Local Young Pre-accredited Learner Award – Bryanna Paynter-Harvie – Noweyung
- Victorian Learn Local Practitioner Award – Vivian Della Valle – CAE
- Victorian Learn Local Volunteer Team Award – Rosewall Neighbourhood Centre
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Pathway Program Award – The Centre for Continuing Education – Getting There
- Victorian Learn Local Creating Local Solutions Award – Heyfield Community Resource Centre – Kick Start your Career in the Health Industry
- Victorian Learn Local Collaboration Award – Cloverdale Community Centre – The Gordon TAFE Collaboration
- People's Choice:
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Pathway Program – Getting There, The Centre for Continuing Education
- Victorian Learn Local Creating Local Solutions – Cultural Cuisines, Wellsprings for Women
- Victorian Learn Local Collaboration – Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre Inc & Burke and Beyond
- Innovation in a time of COVID Acknowledgement Award:
- Learn Local practitioner/individual – Leslie Snart – Laverton Community Education Centre
- Learn Local program – Digital Matters Program – Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL)
- Learn Local providers – Wellsprings for Women and Glen Eira Adult Learning Centre
For more information regarding the award winners and finalists, download the program:
Reviewed 21 April 2021