Department of Education and Training
Higher Education and Skills
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Division Memo
- Registered Learn Local providers
- Statewide providers
- ACFE Board
- ACFE Regional Councils
- Learn Local stakeholders
- ACFE Division staff
From: Jeanette Nagorcka, Executive Director, Adult, Community and Further Education Division
Date: 22 November 2021
Subject: 2021 Annual Microsoft Survey
Actions and critical dates
The 2021 Annual Microsoft Survey will open Tuesday 23 November 2021 and close Thursday 9 December 2021.
2021 Annual Microsoft Survey
The 2021 Annual Microsoft Survey will be open tomorrow from Tuesday 23 November 2021 and will close Thursday 9 December 2021. Every registered Learn Local provider will be sent an email by KPMG inviting you to participate. The survey can be filled online or in a downloadable format.
Participation in the survey is required for Learn Local providers who wish to renew Microsoft licenses in 2022. Failing to participate will also mean your Learn Local provider cannot be considered in a new program involving the allocation of DET refurbished laptops in 2022. The Department of Education and Training strongly advises the participation of all registered Learn Local providers irrespective of software needs.
The survey will ask you questions about how you use technologies for the delivery of pre-accredited training. This will likely require preparation of information prior to taking the survey. To reduce the time taken, please have the following information ready to submit:
- A head count of employees at your organisation and a count of employees supporting pre-accredited training on the full-time, part-time and casual employment basis;
- A head count of 2021 pre-accredited learners;
- Total number of pre-accredited courses offered and details of delivery methods (e.g. face-to-face vs online and required technologies and software);
- Total number of devices (i.e. desktops and laptops) used, how they are used (i.e. by staff vs students, dedicated vs shared) and Microsoft software installed on them (e.g. version of Windows and Office);
- Total number of servers, including physical and virtual, and Microsoft software installed on them (e.g. Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server).
If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties completing the survey, please contact KPMG on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For regional support please contact:
- North Western Victoria, Kaye Callaghan – 03 4433 7582
- North Eastern Victoria, Cathy Clark – 03 9084 8573
- South Eastern Victoria, Robyn Downie – 03 8904 2580
- South Western Victoria, Georgina Ryder – 03 5215 5204
Details about the Microsoft software available is outlined on the Learn Local Sector website at Microsoft Software Agreement for Learn Local providers.
Reviewed 22 November 2021