Our strategic priorities include:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transport activity to contribute to the Government’s Transport Emission Reduction Pledge for net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Seize opportunities in the circular economy to improve sustainability and reduce waste from the transport system.
- Reduce the risk of harmful effects of transport on health and the natural environment.
- Prepare and adapt the transport system for the effects of climate change.
Key initiatives include:
- Transport Sector Emissions Reduction Pledge 2021-2025 – Zero emission bus fleet trial
- Transport Sector Emissions Reduction Pledge 2021-2025 – Delivery of $5 million Zero Emission Vehicles Commercial Sector Innovation Fund
- Ecologiq program and the Recycled First policy as part of Victoria’s Big Build
- Transport Climate Change Adaptation Action Plan 2022-2026
- environmental management system.
Measures of success
Measures of success include:
- sector resilience plans endorsed by State Crisis and Resilience Council
- key achievements as reported in the annual report including office-based environment performance.