Our strategic directions establish:
- long-term objectives for moving both people and freight
- how we will tackle network challenges today while modernising services for the future
- a way forward for our transport network and new policies to support change
- how we will use emerging technologies while recognising the uncertainty flowing from disruption.
There are six strategic directions:
- Service and network reforms that take advantage of a $90 billion investment in transport infrastructure
- Enable new travel patterns
- Promote the transition to environmentally sustainable transport
- Maximise the opportunities created by new and evolving technologies
- Support the many different journeys people take every day and meet a diverse range of needs
- Test, trial, and rapidly deploy improvements to transport.