Three participants have qualified to bid in the tram procurement process.
- Keolis Downer made up of Keolis and Downer EDI Rail,
- Transdev John Holland made up of Transdev Australasia and John Holland, and
- Go-Ahead made up of Go-Ahead, Kinetic, Globalvia.
Each participant will have to provide a strong bid to operate Melbourne’s tram franchise.
Enhance experiences for passengers
Over the coming months. The three participants will each develop proposals. The proposal will enhance experiences for passengers. It will focus on reliability, safety, accessibility, and the provision of real-time information. Proposals will also prove how participants will meet and exceed operational performance requirements. This will improve asset management and project delivery.
They will have to show stronger employment opportunities for
- Victorians who are long-term unemployed
- young people, single parents
- and other priority job seekers.
Commencing late 2024
The new contract term will benefit tram passengers. It will improve ticketing options, Customer information with a focus on real-time information.
Process has no impact on current passengers or Melbourne’s tram network employees.
For more information on Melbourne tram refranchising contract please email MR5@transport.vic.gov.au