Our rolling stock orders and local content rules are creating thousands of jobs for Victorians and building a sustainable, innovative rolling stock supply industry.
Our manufacturing businesses are world-standard thanks to a highly skilled workforce and superior research and development institutes, with several local companies already operating in the global market.
Victoria’s rolling stock industry has a strong, secure, and exciting future with plenty of opportunities, both locally and globally, for Victorian businesses and workers.
The Department is currently preparing for the next generation of rolling stock procurement which will provide a continued pipeline of work for the local rolling stock industry, from major manufacturers to small sub-component businesses across the state.
To register your interest as a supplier on the Next Generation Trams project, please visit the Industry Capability Network (ICN) website(opens in a new window).
To register your interest as a supplier on the X’Trapolis 2.0 train project, please visit the Industry Capability Network (ICN) website(opens in a new window).
Rolling stock industry engagement
The Department’s industry engagement team is focused on strengthening the capability of Victoria’s rolling stock supply chain and connecting Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with local businesses and educational and training institutions, to support local jobs.
We provide a range of services, including:
- Building connections between global OEMs, Victorian manufacturers, and suppliers through trade mission programs, workshops, and other networking events
- Managing a detailed database of Victorian rolling stock supply chain companies so manufacturers have a comprehensive understanding of the local industry’s capability
- Building the skills and knowledge of local supply chain companies to help them secure local and global rolling stock tenders by providing pathways to grants, identifying opportunities for suppliers to partner on major tender bids, and hosting seminars
- Working with Victoria’s rolling stock industry and educational and training institutions to build critical industry skills and ensure manufacturers can leverage Victoria’s research and development capabilities on new train, tram, and bus projects
- Championing Victoria’s rail industry interests nationally and internationally through the Victorian Rail Advocate.
If your company would like to receive updates from the Department's industry engagement team, please email email@example.com.