A guide to Engaging Employers for Learn Local providers has been released and is now available
Industry partnering in pre-accredited training to meet workforce skills needs and drive job opportunities for pre-accredited learners is a goal of the Ministerial Statement on the Future of Adult Community Education of 2019.
The Guide draws on experiences of Learn Local providers in engaging employers in pre-accredited training to meet workforce skills needs and drive job opportunities for pre-accredited learners, supplemented by relevant published reports on involving employers in adult education.
The Guide covers:
- The rationale for Learn Local providers engaging with employers and benefits for all involved.
- Employers’ perspectives on training and working with education providers.
- Preparation work is required if outreach to employers is a new activity for the Learn Local provider and principles for good partnering.
- The various levels of employer engagement that can be developed,
and models used.
- Critical success factors for engaging employers in codesign of pre-accredited training.
Feedback from Learn Local providers on the guide is welcome. The guide is a working document, with a subsequent version to be released next year to reflect new knowledge/understandings gained from Learn Local providers on their experiences of effective, efficient employer engagement models and practices to drive job opportunities for pre-accredited learners.