Victoria government logo

Make a complaint about an early childhood service or the Regulatory Authority

How to make a complaint about an early childhood service, or about regulation staff.

Complaints about services

You can complain to the service, or to the department, if you have concerns about:

Visit Make a complaint about child care or children's servicesExternal Link for more information.

Complaints about regulation staff

You can make a complaint about:

  • a Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) staff member
  • your satisfaction with the action taken by QARD.

To make a complaint or give feedback, contact your local QARD regional office. Visit How we regulate early childhood services for details of your closest office.

If your complaint cannot be resolved by your regional office please complete the complaint form and send it to:

When you lodge a complaint, we will:

  • acknowledge your complaint
  • contact you if we require further information
  • aim to resolve your complaint promptly
  • provide you with a written response that is clear and informative
  • help you contact the right person if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.

For more information, refer to our Complaints Procedure Framework:

You can also telephone 1300 307 415 to discuss your complaint.

Reviewed 27 September 2023


Contact us

Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD)

Was this page helpful?