On this page:
The Our Place approach provides tailored education, health and wellbeing services from a single location, creating an integrated community resource that supports children and families to succeed.
The approach was developed by the Colman Education Foundation, a philanthropic organisation that aims to improve social and educational opportunities for children and their families.
The Colman Education Foundation established the Our Place approach at Doveton College in 2012. Based on the outcomes at Doveton, we are partnering with the Colman Education Foundation to establish ten Our Place sites in selected communities across Victoria.
Key features of Our Place
The Our Place approach supports these communities by providing:
- A single point of entry to the school and the early learning centre to promote engagement of families and support children in their transition from kindergarten to school
- Shared spaces to offer services such as maternal and child health, playgroup, GPs, paediatricians, immunisations, parent support groups, and adult education, training, volunteering and job-seeking services
- Access to tailored health, wellbeing and community services for families and children from one location
- Community Facilitators working on-site to assist families and children to connect to early childhood, education, allied health and wellbeing services.
We build the infrastructure at Our Place sites and the Colman Education Foundation provides Community Facilitators to facilitate allied health and community services, and engage families.
Partnerships with local service providers and community groups are a key feature of the Our Place approach. These partners include:
- early childhood services
- local government
- other government departments
- community health services
- adult education providers
- community and cultural organisations.
The Our Place approach
Our Place sites
The Our Place approach is being implemented in the following communities:
|Site||School||Early Learning Centre||Opening Date|
|Doveton College||Doveton College Early Learning Centre||2012|
|Bridgewood Primary School||Bridgewood Integrated Child and Family Centre||2018|
|Robinvale College||Robinvale Preschool||2018|
|Carlton Primary School||Carlton Learning Precinct ELC||2020|
|Seymour College||Seymour Family and Children's Centre||2020|
|Morwell Central Primary School||Goodstart Morwell Central Childcare Centre||2020|
|Northern Bay P - 12 College - Wexford Campus||Korayn Birralee Family Centre||2020|
|Frankston North |
|Aldercourt Primary School||Aldercourt Child and Family Centre||2021|
|Frankston North |
|Mahogany Rise Primary School||Mahogany Rise Child and Family Centre||2021|
|Mooroopna Primary School||Mooroopna Children and Families Centre||2021|
|Clayton South |
|Westall Primary School||Westall Kindergarten||2023|
|Morwell Park Primary School|| |
Morwell Park Kindergarten
Reviewed 08 March 2023