Are you looking for a rewarding career in early childhood education? The Victorian Government is supporting 11 different courses through the Early Childhood Tertiary Partnerships (ECTP) program, providing additional support for Victorian students while they study to become an early childhood teacher or educator.
Learn more about a career as an educator or early childhood teacher.
Opportunities are available for:
- new students, including people with a range of backgrounds and experiences
- educators who are interested in upskilling by earning a higher vocational qualification
- educators who are interested in upskilling to become an early childhood teacher, by completing a teaching qualification
- degree-qualified people who are looking to upgrade their qualification or move into a teaching role from other disciplines.
To become an early childhood educator, you need to complete either a:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
These qualifications are delivered by various TAFEs and RTOs. The ECTP courses listed on this page are enhanced with extra supports. If you wish to look at other providers of the Certificate III and Diploma visit training.gov.au.
To become an early childhood teacher, you need to complete either a:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, or
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
These qualifications are delivered by various universities and higher education providers across Victoria. As with the educator courses listed, the courses offered as part of the ECTP are enhanced with extra supports for their students.
How to apply
Applications to enrol in ECTP courses are made directly through the universities, TAFEs and RTOs.
Educator courses available through the ECTP program
Teacher courses available through the ECTP program