Complaints about services
You can complain to the service, or to the department, if you have concerns about:
- the safety, health or wellbeing of children
- the behaviours and practices of staff at an early childhood service
- if you believe there have been any incidents of physical and sexual abuse of a child, at an early childhood service
- the relevant legislation has been contravened (either the Education and Care Services National Law Act or the Children's Services Act).
Visit Make a complaint about child care or children's services for more information.
Complaints about regulation staff
You can make a complaint about:
- a Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) staff member
- your satisfaction with the action taken by QARD.
To make a complaint or give feedback, contact your local QARD regional office. Visit How we regulate early childhood services for details of your closest office.
If your complaint cannot be resolved by your regional office please complete the complaint form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in a new window).
- Complaint form (PDF, 716KB)(opens in a new window)
- Complaint form (DOCX 322KB)(opens in a new window)
When you lodge a complaint, we will:
- acknowledge your complaint
- contact you if we require further information
- aim to resolve your complaint promptly
- provide you with a written response that is clear and informative
- help you contact the right person if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.
For more information, refer to our Complaints Procedure Framework:
- Complaints Procedure Framework (PDF, 541.61KB)(opens in a new window)
- Complaints Procedure Framework (DOCX, 636.9KB)(opens in a new window)
You can also telephone 1300 307 415 to discuss your complaint.