Please note: A new version of the Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol training course (SITHFAB021) is coming in.
Registered training organisations (RTOs) can continue to provide training in SITHFAB002 as they transition to the new unit.
If you have completed the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course (SITHFAB002) these certificates are still valid.
We provide ongoing support for accredited Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and trainers to deliver high-quality Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) courses.
To ensure programs are comprehensive and minimise potential alcohol-related harms to the community, RTOs must be accredited with us and comply with SITHFAB021 and relevant training authority requirements.
RTOs accredited by us to deliver RSA must adhere to our Terms and Conditions and accreditation schedule, regardless of the method of delivery of the RSA Course.
Register a new trainer to deliver RSA
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Provide the trainer’s details and confirm they meet training requirements to deliver SITHFAB021.
Once we have all the details, we can add them to the RSA certificate database.
RSA certificate database
Accredited RTOs will be given a username and password to access the RSA certificate database.
This database is used to
- record LCV-approved trainers, students and course details
- issue LCV RSA certificates, and
- access training materials.
The database must be maintained at all times to ensure compliance across the state. To access the database, see: RSA certificate
RSA training materials
RSA training materials are available to accredited RTOs electronically on the RSA certificate database.
Face-to-face training requirements
RSA training must be delivered face-to-face in a minimum five-hour course. No more than 25 students can participate in each session.
Interactive video or virtual classroom delivery
RSA training can be delivered by accredited RTOs via interactive video chat or virtual classroom technology.
RTOs must comply with guidelines to deliver RSA virtually.
Online RSA training requirements for approved RTOs
- To have your online course approved, you must apply to Liquor Control Victoria.
- Courses must:
- confirm the identity of students undertaking training
- assess the competency of students
- minimise the potential for fraudulent activity.
RSA assessment requirements
RTOs must ensure the following assessment requirements are in place for both face-to-face and online delivery:
- pass rate for the test is 70 percent
- if a student fails three times, they must repeat the course
- during the test, the trainer must not:
- assist a student with answering a question
- provide a student with the correct answer before the test has concluded
- advise an answer is incorrect before the test has concluded.
Reviewed 28 April 2023