- 21 Yarima Road, Cressy, 3322
- 1 January 1862
- 17 December 2010
- School type:
- School number:
- Other names:
- Cressy Common School, Cressy State School
The history of Cressy Primary School
Cressy School opened as a common school in 1862.
Classes were held in a local bluestone church.
A new timber schoolhouse was opened in January 1866.
The head teacher was Robert MacKenzie.
The school became a state school at some stage between 1873 and 1878.
A larger timber schoolhouse was opened in March 1912.
The old schoolhouse was moved to Berrybank State School (No. 3639) and was used as a classroom.
A house was built at the school for the teacher.
The size of the school was increased in 1960 and then again in 1967.
The school was renamed Cressy Primary School in 1970.
Cressy Primary School was closed in 2010.
Find more interesting facts about this school
The Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) is the archive of Victoria's State and local government. They look after some of our oldest school records, and we can use these records to help us understand what school life used to be like.
Now it's your turn to do some detective work. PROV currently only have paper records for this school. Take a look to see what info they have on this school.