- Old Tatura Road, Rushworth, 3612
- 1 October 1872
- 31 December 1995
- School type:
- School number:
- Other names:
- Rushworth State School
The history of Rushworth Primary School
Rushworth opened in the main town of the Waranga Gold District. The school replaced the Presbyterian Church School (No. 532) and Common School (No. 524).
The first head teacher was Hobday (who had taught at No. 524).
The original school building was brick and had five rooms.
The school became a higher elementary school.
When the Rushworth High School (No. 8295) opened, both schools used the same building.
A new school was built for the primary school and the high school continued in the old buildings.
The name of the school changed to Rushworth Primary School in 1970.
The school closed when it combined with Rushworth Secondary College (No. 8295) to form a new school, Rushworth P-12 College (No. 6238).
Find more interesting facts about this school
The Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) is the archive of Victoria's State and local government. They look after some of our oldest school records, and we can use these records to help us understand what school life used to be like.
Now it's your turn to do some detective work. PROV currently only have paper records for this school. Take a look to see what info they have on this school.