Recent projects include:
- The VLocity Refresh Project upgraded 75 of the oldest VLocity regional trains, to make them more comfortable and accessible.
- The North East train fleet upgrade refurbished the V/Line classic fleet regional trains on the North East line ahead of the delivery of new standard gauge VLocity trains for the line.
- The upgrade of Melbourne’s Comeng train fleet, adding more comfortable seats, additional handholds, better lighting and power systems, passenger information screens, HD CCTV cameras and driver CCTV screens, PA systems and emergency buttons.
- The refurbishment of more than 85 percent of Melbourne's trams (A, B, C, D and Z-Class).
- Restoration of 12 of Melbourne’s historic W-Class trams(opens in a new window) including a new impact-resistant driver’s cabin, new electronics and wiring. The trams' exteriors will also be rebuilt and repainted too.
- Further upgrades to some Z-Class trams to keep them in good shape until their eventual retirement from the network.
- The safe and sustainable disposal of a third of the 179 remaining Coming trains through an innovative program that recycles up to 80 percent of each train.