We are committed to promoting an evidence-based environment. We strive to ensure our actions are based on rigour, accurate and timely information.
Our research strategy:
- articulates the importance of research evidence to inform decision-making. Research is also important for policy and program development and implementation.
- assesses our current strengths, issues and future opportunities regarding research
- identifies actions for strengthening our use of research evidence.
The research strategy includes the research priority areas 2021-2022. The research priorities are updated yearly to reflect our evidence needs.
Research priority areas 2021-2022
We developed the research priorities in consultation with the research community.
Our vision is to give every Victorian the best learning experience.
The research priorities:
- guide our research activities and investments
- foster partnerships with the research community, and
- encourage high-quality research that benefits Victoria's children and young people.
The research priorities contain seven themes:
- driving workforce excellence and sustainability
- engagement and partnership with families and communities
- post-school transitions, pathways and further education and training
- supporting all students to achieve, engage and be happy, healthy and resilient
- pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and outcomes
- early childhood education investment and impacts
- sector structure and market design.
- Research priority areas 2021-2022 (PDF, 3MB)
- Research priorities fact sheet (PDF, 107KB)
- Research priorities fact sheet (DOCX, 216KB)
Research related to the research priorities
We facilitate research in schools and early childhood education settings. We will prioritise access for research that relates to the Research Priorities.
For more information, contact the Strategic Research Unit at email@example.com.
You can also contact the Strategic Research Unit to:
- discuss opportunities for research
- discuss opportunities for collaboration
- get advice on undertaking research in schools and early childhood education settings
- share completed or planned research related to the research priorities.