Victoria government logo

150 years: Wickliffe Primary School

Learn about the history of Wickliffe Primary School, one of Victoria’s oldest public schools.

Key information

Wickliffe, 3379
Opened: 26 September 1870
Closed: 1 January 1987
Primary school
School number: 948
Other names: Wickliffe Common School, Wickliffe State School

Find more interesting facts about this school

The Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) is the archive of Victoria's State and local government. They look after some of our oldest school records, and we can use these records to help us understand what school life used to be like.

Click one of the links below to do some detective work and see what info PROV have on this school.

Reviewed 19 May 2022


Was this page helpful?